Even though Orlando doesn’t get crunchy color-changing leaves it’s still a great place to be for fall. Especially if you want to celebrate the magic of autumn at Walt Disney World® Resort. You will find slightly more survivable temperatures (in the late fall, September is usually still hot as Hades), lower crowds, and all of the fall fun you can imagine.
Here are a few of my favorite fall things for a “blustery autumn day” (thanks, Pooh-bear) at The Most Magical Place on Earth.
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom® Park. I’ve enjoyed this event twice and also Disney’s After Hours Boo Bash which was the substitution during the pandemic. My family loved the Halloween party so much that we just had to do it again. What you should know is that you’ll have to prioritize what you want most out of this event – there’s just so much to do and see. Here’s a quick list of what you’ll find MNSSHP.
- Character meets – special, rarely seen characters join the mix for the evening and their lines start super early (before the party officially begins) and the character lines will close before the party ends when they reach a “too long” limit. Who will you see that might be extra special? Jack and Sally, Aladdin & Abu, Jafar, Genie and Jasmine, Jack Sparrow, Queen of Hearts, Alice and the Mad Hatter, Pooh and Friends, Eric and Ariel, Belle and Gaston, Stitch as Elvis, and some other standard characters as well.
- Parades – Boo-to-You runs twice during the party.
- Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular fireworks runs once.
- Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet perform.
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular runs 2-4 times per party night.
- Scream-O-Ween Ball Dance Party happens all night.
- Disney Junior Jam Dance Party happens all night.
- Trick or Treat lines – my kiddos came home with a carry-on size suitcase filled with candy. The good stuff too!
- Special snacks – can be found throughout the park that are exclusive to the party.
- Fall Decorations at Magic Kingdom® Park. This might not sound super exciting, but it really is. You’ll find Mickey-faced pumpkins and other fun fall decor all over the park but it is concentrated on Main Street, USA.
- Fall Snacks – everywhere! I refer to this complete list for planning purposes. While you’ll want to try them all, I recommend focusing on 1 or 2 at each park and sharing. No one wants a sugar overload, right? Not only are there things to eat – but special sipper cups and popcorn buckets are all the rage for fall too.
- EPCOT® International Food & Wine Festival. This one is probably my favorite festival to attend – because, I think, it’s the largest with offerings and yumminess. No extra charge to attend – but bring your credit card because you’ll want to sample all the goodness that this one has to offer.
- This year (2022) a friend and I participated in Emil’s Fromage Homage and earned a free wine glass for buying a number of items on the list. It’s a lot of deliciously prepared cheese dishes…so worth it, even if we did have to roll ourselves back to the resort after. There’s a fun “food challenge” or checklist every year.
- Eat to the Beat Concert Series at EPCOT®. There’s usually a great list of performers during this series as well. I’ve seen Boyz II Men and Hanson at this event!
- runDisney’s Wine and Dine Half Marathon. This set of races usually takes place the first weekend in November and registration begins in March. These races are super fun and come with extra access to EPCOT. They will sell out. (P.S. I’m participating in my first runDisney event this year, more to come!)
- Remy’s Ratatouille Hide and Squeak EPCOT®. This is a scavenger hunt and has a small cost. You’ll get a booklet and some stickers to search the park for all the “hidden” Remy’s. Turn in the complete book and get a prize!
- Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit at EPCOT®. Similar to Remy’s Hide and Squeak, you’ll be searching for special decorated pumpkins that look like favorite Disney characters. There’s a prize at the end.
I can’t wait to hear which magical fall things you choose! Tag us in your post on Instagram or Facebook!