Enchanting Extras can really add some magic to your trip — not sure what that means. Let me tell you more. Enchanting Extras are an entire collection of special add ons and extras that can be done during your Walt Disney World Vacation. I share a great list of options and help make the best selections for my traveling clients.
You don’t need to do ALL the extras. A great travel advisor will help you choose the extras that will be best for your family and your vacation experience. I recommend choosing one or two.
- Memory Maker. Unlimited digital downloads of your Walt Disney World Resort photos. Pre-travel purchase price of $169. Price goes up to $199 if you purchase within 3 days of arrival. We never miss adding this to our family vacations and I recommend it for first time clients.
Something to keep in mind with this one- you have to stop for the photos. I once had a guest tell me they didn’t think it was worth it, they had all their ride photos, but didn’t stop at any photos in front of the Castle, or other icons. PhotoPass photographers are plentiful and pretty easy to spot. It’s fun to stop for photos in special locations and be sure to ask for the “magic shots”.
- Capture Your Moment – Magic Kingdom. Commemorate your celebration with a photo session in a Magic Kingdom park setting including a view of iconic Cinderella Castle. There’s a max of 8 people in your 20 minute session for $99. Sessions must be booked in advance.
- Capture Your Moment – Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Commemorate your celebration with a photo session in a Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park setting, including a view of the iconic Tree of Life. There’s a max of 8 people in your 20 minute session for $99. Sessions must be booked in advance.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Behold a royal transformation as children become elegant princesses and shining knights—right before your eyes! You can bring your own princess gown or purchase one in the boutique. Keep in mind options and sizes may be limited. The session takes about an hour and includes a photo. Prices range from $99 – $229 for princesses and $19 for a prince.
- Droid Depot. Build your own droid at Black Spire Outpost’s industrial depot. Prices start at $119. I recommend this clear backpack to carry your droid around for the day.
- Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers. Build your own custom lightsaber at this secret workshop and continue the way of the Force. Prices start at $229. I recommend an evening appointment, then find a PhotoPass photographer for some of the best after dark lightsaber action shots. You can carry your lightsaber around or ship it home.
- After Hours events. This could be true after hours tickets, that allow extra entry to parks and rides after the general closing time. Most of these events are themed – my favorite used to be the Villain night. It also includes the Holiday parties! I’ve done both events a couple of times and found them well worth the price of admission.
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Choose from a variety of gatherings that will satisfy any sweet tooth while enjoying a special event!
- Celebration at the Top: 50th Flavors & Fireworks at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. This experience is in the California Grill, there’s a dress code, and cost for this is $129.
- Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise You can experience this on Wednesday and Saturday evenings, the cost is $99/adult and $69/child.
- Magic Kingdom Disney Enchantment Treats & Seats I did this one on my last trip and it was absolutely worth it! You’ll sit in a designated area of the Tomorrowland Terrace with an open bar and tasty treats. It takes place most nights in the Magic Kingdom. The cost is $114/adult and $69/child.
- Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Parties: Disney Enchantment Pre-Party You’ll stand in a designated area of the Tomorrowland Terrace with an open bar and tasty treats, then move out into the garden for a standing view of the fireworks. It takes place most nights in the Magic Kingdom. The cost is $99/adult and $59/child.
- Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Parties: Disney Enchantment After-Party. You’ll start with a standing room only view of the fireworks show, then move to a designated area of the Tomorrowland Terrace with an open bar and tasty treats. It takes place most nights in the Magic Kingdom. The cost is $99/adult and $59/child.
- Disney VIP Tours. This tour should be booked by your travel agent. Explore your favorite park(s) for a minimum of 7 hours with your very own private tour guide. Groups up to 10 with private transportation and a personal escort at your own designed itinerary. Cost varies on this tour but generally ranges from $400 – $800 per hour.
- Guests who have experienced this AMAZING private, and somewhat “behind the scenes” tour have all raved about it and most end up booking it again on a future trip. It’s so customizable that it’s perfect for anyone.
- Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Unlock the fascinating history of Magic Kingdom Park, where fantasy reigns, and gain backstage access to legendary hidden areas on this five-hour walking tour! Access the underground “Utilidor” service tunnels, learn hidden secrets of classic attractions, enjoy a delicious lunch and so much more on this backstage tour of the most iconic theme park at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Caring for Giants. Delve into the wondrous world of the largest inhabitants of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park during this 60-minute tour for an experience Guests will never forget. Meet with a knowledgeable guide who will provide insight into the inner workings of our African elephant herd and share a glimpse into the day-to-day care for these amazing animals. Learn how Disney’s conservation efforts are dedicated to the preservation of wild elephant populations around the world as Guests observe these gentle giants from a private, backstage viewing area!
- Wild Africa Trek. Wild Africa Trek combines action, adventure and education into a three-hour exhilarating safari adventure at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, where nature is truly alive with magic. Cross a swinging rope bridge near crocodiles and view towering giraffes, powerful rhinos and hippos as Guests ride across the open savanna in a rugged safari vehicle. Along the journey, a knowledgeable guide will share insights about the majestic animals you’re viewing as well as details about the park’s dedication to animal conservation around the world.
- Up Close with Rhinos. This 60-minute tour takes Guests backstage to meet our planet’s second-largest land animal in ways few people can. As each guide introduces Guests to the white rhinos at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, they’ll offer fascinating insights into the species’ behavior and biology, and discuss the challenges that threaten populations in the wild.
- Savor the Savanna. Indulge in a sampling of African-inspired cuisine, paired with a selection of regional beer and wine offerings, as Guests gaze out across the Harambe Wildlife Reserve. And listen as a private guide shares tales of the unique residents who inhabit the reserve and the special animal care provided at the park.