Maybe it’s just me, but I vacation for two reasons – entertainment and food. A vacation to Walt Disney World ® Resort is no exception. I will 100% rearrange my whole plan for the day to get the snacks, treats, or meals that I want into my belly. If you like good food and drink on your vacation, you are my people and I welcome you.
Here are some of my favorite snacks at Animal Kingdom®.
- Pongu (Pineapple) Lumpia. Lumpias are similar to egg rolls, but this one is sweet, not savory and filled with pineapple and cream cheese. It is typically served warm and makes a great breakfast snack for rope dropping Pandora. Find it at Pongu Pongu in Pandora—The World of Avatar.
- Night Blossom. Super fruity flavor and sweet. Also cold and refreshing. Frozen pear-limeade and apple flavors layered and topped with passion fruit boba. If it is hot out, it’ll melt fast! Find it at Pongu Pongu in Pandora—The World of Avatar.
- Cheeseburger Pods. Steamed bao buns filled with seasoned ground beef, ketchup, mustard, pickle, and cheese. The adult entree comes with two and a side, the kid entree comes with one and is the perfect snack size. Also worth noting – I despise pickles, but you can’t really taste them in this dish. Find it at Satu’li Canteen in Pandora—The World of Avatar.
- Pulled Pork Mac n Cheese. Noodles – good, cheese sauce – good, pulled pork – good, topped with crispy onions – even better. This yummo-in-a-bowl is available in entree and side size so you can share a meal or have a snack. Find it at Flame Tree BBQ.
- Simba Pretzel. You know I love Mickey Pretzels with cheese, but this fun spin I had to try on our last visit and I was delighted. It’s thinner than the standard Mickey Pretzel, but still soft and chewy and shaped like the future King of the Prideland. Find it at Harambe Food Market.
- Grilled Curry Corn. Ok, I skipped this tasty, savory snack more times than I’d like to admit until a travel friend insisted that we get “breakfast corn” and beer on a quick stop to Animal Kingdom®. It blew my mind and I have added this snack to my “must have every visit” list. We call it breakfast corn because it’s the first thing I get (the stand opens early, but the corn isn’t usually ready until after 10am) in the morning – beer is optional but recommended. Find it at Harambe Food Market.
- Seasoned Fries. I’m sort of a French fry connoisseur, it’s a real thing (in my head). I love fries – all fries and while most fries on Disney property seem the same Mr. Kamal seasons them perfectly for something quite different. Learn more about my favorite fries in a dedicated blog post. Find it at Mr. Kamal’s.
- Dole Whip with Rum. You read that right. This is one of the few places on Walt Disney World® Resort. You can choose light or dark rum and it will change your life. Find it at Tamu Tamu Refreshments.